Community Development Coordinator
Compass is seeking highly skilled candidates for the role of Community Development Coordinator. This position supports Compass, Inc. (the “Company”) in community outreach, engagement, development and admissions. This position reports to the Director of Communications and Development, providing support and assistance with all ongoing communication and engagement efforts. This position also is the first point of contact with people seeking services, families, community members and Coordinators of Community Services (CCS) and coordinates Compass’ Intake and Admissions process focusing on the beginning relationship development for people seeking Compass’ services. This position facilitates the decision-making process with team members and assures timely decisions for whether Compass can support the person’s service needs. Along with the Director of Communication and Development this position will continue the relationship development with people admitted to Compass and their family as part of the Welcome To Compass onboarding process. Additionally, this position will provide administrative support as needed for the Executive Director. All activities must support the strategic goals and objectives of Compass, Inc., a Maryland-based provider of quality services for people with developmental disabilities, as well as produce outcomes aligned with Compass’ mission of ensuring people supported are valued members of their community and pursuing life goals and dreams. Position will work hybrid between office, remote from home and having a presence in the community as needed.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- As an agency ambassador, represent Compass’ mission and commitment to equity and inclusion, Understand the array of Compass services and service definitions; be an expert at presenting information in plain language.
- Work with leaders and managers to develop communication regarding events/engagement opportunities, departmental updates, mission impact stories, and other communication for ongoing communication platforms.
- Support Director of Development by completing duties related to event planning and fundraising such as contacting venues, gathering bids from vendors, managing contracts, distributing event marketing and sponsorship materials and other duties as assigned.
- Manage written, graphic and photo/video content and post/interact on Compass social media platforms highlighting community partnerships, staff and people supported to grow the Compass community presence.
- Develop and distribute Monthly Newsletter to staff, family members, donors, subscribers, and stakeholders.
- Chair biweekly Welcome to Compass Team meetings, coordinating agenda and facilitating team process for reviewing applicants and action steps.
- Conduct an introductory phone call with each applicant and family/guardian/personal representative to discover what outcomes they are seeking to receive, review Compass’ process, and answer any questions. Ensure each applicant is provided information about available services that could result in the applicant’s desired outcomes. Provide a summary of discovery findings to the Welcome to Compass team.
- Represent Compass’ services to various community groups, such as Montgomery County Transitioning Youth Workgroup, Provider Service Info. Sessions, and Project SEARCH Info. Sessions.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director for administrative functions such as creating, proofing, editing correspondence, managing meeting schedules and meeting invites, taking meeting minutes, disseminating board reports, and tracking program report compliance.
Requirements Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in human services or a related field required. Minimum of five years’ professional experience in Human Services and/or Community Outreach and non-profit Development/Fundraising. Must have reliable transportation to travel to community meetings and other Compass sites in the community.
Compensation: $55K-58K annual salary to start.