Compass, Inc. is seeking Life Coaches to assist Individuals in their daily lives by supporting them to achieve meaningful lives as valued members of their community and how to improve their personal and professional lives. In addition, this position will be responsible for assisting Individuals to establish priorities, set goals, and construct concrete plans to achieve those goals. Life coaches partner with individuals and mentor them in daily life activities. This includes but is not limited to activities around the home, in the community and or on the job. The Life Coach will also assist the Individual in finding meaning employment. This includes: helping them with job applications and resumes, preparing and supporting them during the interview process, and assisting them on the job-site (supportive employment). Life Coaches report directly to Community Services Supervisor. However, when performing duties in the residential setting, Life Coaches may also dually report to the House Manager at times for guidance.
Essential Job Functions/Job Roles:
- Support Individual in making choices and becoming involved members of their community in ways of their choosing, such as getting to know neighbors and participating in neighborhood functions and becoming involved in places of worship, maintaining social contact with friends and family.
- Assist Individual in working on the goals, objectives and activities that they themselves identified in their own Individual Plans.
- Be an advocate for the individual as well as empower them to advocate for their own selves in pursuing their life goals and dreams.
- Be a mentor to the Individual by, teaching, guiding and assisting them with learning how to access their community which may include riding public transportation to and from activities in the community.
- Assist Individuals to engage in their lives and areas of interest to the fullest extent each individual is capable of.
- Providing companionship to individuals with the intention of learning activities and skills they are interested in learning.
- Engaging individuals in community activities, including but not limited to, concerts classes recreation, sporting events, vacations, hiking going to the park etc.
- Assisting individuals to not only engage in but to learn how to find and access the things that they are interested in.
- Create sensory activities for individuals that have limitations in accessing their community.
- Accompany Individual on medical appointments and assist them with following through on any needed healthcare.
- Provide necessary written documentation, communication log notes, progress information, incident reports, and completion of forms as needed per Compass procedures.
- Provide personal care assistance as needed.
Requirements: A high school diploma or GED, functional reading and writing skills, prior experience with helping people with disabilities. Must have valid driver’s license, clean driving record and own a reliable vehicle for providing transportation as needed to and from the job site and or other meaningful community activities. Must pass background check requirements. Must have CPR/First Aid upon hire and Medication Technician certification or otherwise obtain certifications within first 90 days of hire.