Compass, Inc., a non-profit organization supporting individuals with disabilities located in Beltsville, MD is currently accepting applications for the Office Manager/Administrative Assistant position. This position is responsible for managing the inventory, ordering, and distribution of office supplies, managing and distributing incoming mail, maintaining copier and postal meter machines, and coordinating vendor services for the office. In addition, this position provides computer/information technology help desk assistance as needed, completes monthly administrative reports and attendance records for the Residential Department and provides administrative support to the Executive Director and Human Resources Department as needed. This position reports dually to the Executive Director and Director of Human Resources.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Strong administrative skills and knowledge of a human services/non-profit environment.
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Access. Must be able to provide technical assistance (Computer Help Desk) to office and program staff.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once and ensure proper follow through as needed
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people
• Familiarity with scope of services provided by Compass, Inc.
• A high level of commitment to take initiative and maintain a positive “can do” attitude
• A high level of personal accountability, integrity and ethical standards
Qualifications: Associate’s Degree from an accredited College or University in Business Administration or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum of two years administrative assistant/office management/computer/information technology help desk experience preferably at the executive level. Candidates who possess a high school diploma but do not have a college degree may also be considered if they possess a minimum of four years administrative assistance experience.
Compensation and Work Conditions: $36,000 - $39,000 annual salary depending on qualifications. Excellent benefits. Hours are typically M-F 9a-5p. Employee will be working in an office environment but may need to travel to other work sites on infrequent basis. Must be able to sit for extended periods, bend, pull, push and lift up to 40 pounds (lifting is infrequent.) Must be able to use and troubleshoot computer/information technology applications (i.e., Microsoft Office Suites, Internet connectivity, etc.), telephones, fax machine, calculator, copier and other office equipment as needed. Must have valid driver’s license, with clean driving record and be able to drive own or Company vehicle to other work sites as needed.