Compass, Inc., a progressive, non-profit agency supporting individuals with disabilities is seeking an energetic, interactive person to interact with a male with Down syndrome and moderate intellectual disability. He is an outgoing, social individual who likes to engage with others in the community. He likes going to movies and sports, so he would need a companion to support his various interests. Responsibilities include providing assistance with personal care needs, emotional/behavioral needs, healthcare needs and providing ongoing recreational/leisure and community integration supports and services. In addition support staff needs to model socially appropriate friendships with males and females.Interests: bowling, basketball, swimming, music, board games, tablet games.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Proven track record of success in innovative provision of supports to individuals with disabilities.
• Ability to assist a person with an intellectual disability to actively engage in meaningful activities and make connections in the community.
• Demonstrated ability in supporting individuals with behavioral and emotional challenges.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to work effectively with family members/guardians as well as state and local governing authorities.
• A keen interest in improving the quality of life for the individuals supported by Compass, Inc.
Qualifications: Prior experience in providing hands on support to individuals with disabilities. Driver's license and clean driving record required. Associate's Degree in a related field or completion of college coursework preferred. CPR/First Aid and Medication Technician Certification preferred or must obtain certification during first 30 days of employment. Paid training is available.
Qualified applicants who are interested in being considered for this position should submit a resume and letter of interest to email listed.
Compass, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer